Tile in Angels Camp and Sonora, CA
Wall tile and tile flooring add ongoing beauty and distinction to all types of spaces. And if you’re looking for tile near you in California, visit Pinnell’s Carpet One Floor & Home of Angels Camp and Sonora, CA! Our onsite flooring specialists can help navigate the world of tile, steering you towards the best products for everyday flooring challenges.
Dreaming of luxurious tile for your home or business? Here’s a quick reference guide to wall tile and tile flooring.
What Are The Different Types of Tile?
Tiles are made of various materials, but the most popular options are porcelain, ceramic, or stone. We’ve broken down what each type of tile is made from and their benefits.
- Ceramic tile is made from natural materials like clay and then kiln-fired.
- Ceramic comes in a variety of styles and colors, and it is extremely budget-friendly.
- Ceramic is light enough to be installed on walls. Plus, it can help insulate your home and save on cooling costs.
- A denser version of ceramic, porcelain tile is fired at a higher setting for a denser construction.
- Porcelain tile is available in many styles and colors, and is durable enough to be used on floors.
- Porcelain is heat-resistant and water-resistant, making it the perfect option for kitchens and bathrooms. Plus, it can also be installed over radiant heat floors.
- Made from organic minerals like granite, slate, and marble, stone.
- When properly sealed and maintained, stone can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
- Stone tile is more expensive than the other tile types, yet it adds luxury and value to your home.
Tile for The Home
Tile is not just limited to your floors, and the design possibilities are unlimited. When choosing your tile, it’s a good idea to consider the area of installation. Here’s a look at how to best use tile in your home.
Tile for Kitchen & Bath
- Glossy tiles may not work best in a kitchen, due to slippage concerns.
- Don’t stress over natural hardwood floors! Get the look of hardwood using porcelain or ceramic tile.
- Use a smooth, non-porous tile for backsplashes and bath surrounds.
Tile for Outdoor Entertaining
- Choose tie pavers that are ¼ to ½ thick.
- Your stone tile should be outdoor rated, to prevent cracking due to fluctuating temperatures.
- Your flooring expert will work with you to choose the right product for your outdoor project.
Your Tile Installation
We recommend hiring a professional to install your tile. This will guarantee your peace of mind and the validity of any product warranties.
Where To Install Your Tile
- Shower Surrounds
- Fireplace Surrounds
- Outdoor Patios
- Outdoor Walkways
Prepare for Your Tile Install
- Prior to any flooring installation, we recommend taking a careful inventory of your space and its intended activities.
- Designate an area where your tile can be delivered indoors.
- Move any appliances and furniture away from the area, as well as pets, little children, and valuables.
Shop Tile Near You - Pinnell’s Carpet One
As members of North America’s largest cooperative of independently owned and operated flooring stores, Pinnell’s Carpet One Floor & Home of boasts an expansive inventory of hardwood products, along with tile, laminate, luxury vinyl, and carpeting. Ready to start your home improvement project? Visit one of our showrooms or browse our online tile selection today!